I keep going out on school nights and getting drunk, having about four hours sleep, then having to face a long day in the office. It's not big and its not clever and it has to stop. Although last night, I went to an acoustic night full of beautiful boys with guitars, which is always nice.
Reasons for not drinking
- Money - you spend loads on booze, get all generous with buying people drinks, end up having to get a taxi home, then it all gets really expensive
- Health - drinking in excess, of course, is not good for you at all, and you will end up with a nose like the dad off The Royle Family
- Wasted weekends - I detest waking up late, feeling crap, and doing nothing but lie on the sofa whimpering all day
- Food - boozing makes you peckish, so you end up eating lots of crap before you go to bed, then feeling rubbish the next day and eating even more junk
- Talking rubbish - I'm a bit shy, so drink helps me through those awkward social situations, but I talk rubbish normally, and it just gets worse when I've had a few
- It's actually not nice - I only really like real ales, but Cardiff's full of yukky Brains pubs, so I end up drinking lager, which I don't even like
Reasons for drinking
- Er... it's fun!
Oh dear. Think I'm becoming teetotal.