Friday, April 23

I'm Back!
Bit of a lack of blogging recently. I have been in Guatemala studying the Mayan ruins and visitng the place that the happy fair trade farmers grow the cocoa beans to make Green and Blacks Maya Gold (mmmmmmmmmmm!).

I've also been up to lots of other fun stuff too.
  • Running
    I've been doing this for about three weeks now, and I love it. It's so beautiful, running in the sunshine, next to the lake, jumping over ducks that waddle into my path. I've built up to 3 minutes running, 1 minute walking and I'm covering about 2.5 miles. I'm aiming for the London Marathon by 2006 (maybe).

  • Lovely and Healthy(ish) Cooking
    Martin Shaw, who used to be in The Professionals is a very good veggie cook. I've been making a lot of his recipes, and his wife's chocolate banana cake is especially nice. Well done, Mrs S!

    Also, check out this lush African Sweet Potato Stew - another new favourite.

  • Doing Musical Things
    On Wednesday I went to see the musical Taboo, which was very camp and entertaining. Not sure what Julian Clary was doing in it though, as he has absolutely zero singing and dancing skills.

    I've also booked tickets to see Keane and to go to the V Festival too, which I'm very excited about.

  • Reading Good Books
    Veronika Decides to Die is one of those amazing books that makes you think differently about the world. I'm now reading Memoirs of a Geisha, which is totally transports to you to another place and time. It's so good that I don't want to get off the train in the morning - I want to stay on and keep on reading.

  • Not Watching TV
    I've come to the conclusion that television is 99% rubbish, so I've stopped watching it most of the time. Instead, I've found time to read the newspaper, see friends, surf the web, paint, cook, listen to music, have long baths, watch films (like Shaun of the Dead, which is ace)... lots of things that are more constructive and interesting than porgrammes about debt collectors and DIY. Although I am still watching the two things I love - Jonathan Ross and Friends. And I'll watch Cutting It when that comes back on, and any good comedy too.

  • Making Poetry
    I've always wanted some magnetic fridge poetry, and have hoped every birthday and christmas that someone might buy it for me. But they never have. Boo.

    But a few days ago, I found it in a sale. So I bought it for myself. Yay.

    I've already had hours of fun with it, and have written a poem about my perfect day, and one for my gorgeous husband.


It's Friday afternoon, the sun is shining and I'm looking forward to a lovely weekend of doing lovely things.

No comments:

Post a Comment