Some people's blogs are so clever. They talk about news and politics and postmodernism and all kinds of braininess.
Here's a list of my 9 favourite cakes (in no particular order).
1. Emma Cake - my own invention, a carrot/banana hybrid with dates in. They should sell it in shops.
2. Tit cakes - a good old Mr Kipling cherry bakewell.
3. Carrot cake - always a winner, and practically a health food too.
4. Banana bread - nice with an afternoon cup of tea.
5. Cheesecake - a winning combination of cake and cheese.
6. Lemon tart - a nice tart is great when you can't quite fit in something really cakey.
7. Mmmmmmm.... Muffins - Lemon and poppyseed!
8. Scones - preferably in the form of a nice cream tea.
9. Brownies - ooo, I could just eat one right now. Had an amazing cranberry and pistachio one the other day.
I was going to do a top 10, but I didn't want to put an inferior cake in there and ruin the list.
Why not tell me what your favourite cake is too? Or why not make my blog into a clever one by entering into a cake debate with me. First topic - "Cream horns: retro classics or wartime has-beens?"