Tuesday, January 24

Looking haggard
When I woke up this morning, I looked in mirror under the harsh spotlights in my bathroom, and I was shocked by what I saw. My eyes were puffy, emphasising the crows feet that are starting to form around the edges. My chin has started to become chins and my neck looks as if it belongs to the scrawny old turkey that no-one wanted at Christmas. Around my mouth, there's some kind of jowly-thing going on.

I felt 40, not 30 - not helped by the fact that the 9lbs I have put on meant that my stomach was bulging over the top of my pyjama bottoms. And to top it all off, not only am I having an extremely bad hair day, I also ran out of magic stick yesterday, so I couldn't even cover the bags and lines and circles on my face.

I set off on the walk to the train station feeling very old and very sorry for myself. Poor Mr Meep. What if he wants to swap me for a younger, thinner model?

When I got to the station, I had to buy a new monthly rail pass. The man behind the counter was typing in my details.

"Is it Miss?"
"No, it's Mrs"
"NO WAY! You don't look old enough to be a Mrs."

If there wasn't a pain of glass between us, I would have reached over and given him a big snog.

It's funny how a little thing you might say to someone can completely change how they feel for the rest of the day.

By the way, have you lost weight? You are looking fabulous today.

Mood: On top of the world
Food: Porridge with mango and coconut - there's posh
Tunes: I'm feeling a Strokes moment coming on

No comments:

Post a Comment