Friday, March 17

I want...
I’ve been blog-hopping as is my wanton on a dull Friday afternoon. I’ve often lurk on the blogs of these amazingly inspiring creative women, like Bohemian Girl, Keri Smith and Superhero. Their words are delightful, magical, inspirational – they’ve created their own beautiful lives and take pleasure in creative living.

As my blog ramblings have shown over the past year, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about what I want from life. My problem is too many interests and not enough focus, flitting from one idea to another every five minutes. I’ll be a teacher. No, I’ll make cakes. No, I won’t, I’ll be a freelance writer or children’s author. I’ll open a coffee shop. I’ll run a B&B. Maybe I’ll retrain and become a holistic therapist, a midwife, a chef.

It’s enough to drive you a little bit bonkers. I read a magazine article recently that said creative people often suffer from mental illness because they have so many thoughts going through their head. I completely understand where that was coming from.

But today when ambling through the creative blog, I came across a post by this lovely lady who sounds as if she’s going through the same kind of dilemmas.

She recommended this book, which I’m going to order right now.

The author, Babs, talks about people who are ‘Scanners’ – someone who has loads of interests but finds it hard to make a success of their lives because their passions and abilities take them in so many different directions. Babs loves the Scanners though – she thinks that the multiple passions thing is “a unique ability, not a liability”.

Can’t wait to read it, although I’m slightly concerned that I’m becoming a cliché of the self help book addicted 30something.

I’ve been doing a lot of thinking and soul-searching lately about what kind of life I want. I've been feeling lost and confused, not sure where I wanted to be or what to do next. When I had life coaching, the life coach said I should write down and draw the picture of my life as I would like it to be. I did this a little while ago, but I’ve been too embarrassed to share it with anyone.

But in honour of all the brave, creative, inspirational blog ladies out, there, here goes...

This is me in 2011

I have at least two children
I live in a nice house in a lovely area of Wales
I have lots of little jobs that I enjoy (freelance writer for money; cake-making for creativity, adult literacy to help people)
I can speak Welsh semi-fluently
I am very creative – I paint, I take pictures, I grow things, I make things

1 comment:

  1. Wow.

    The thought of 2011 TERRIFIES me.

    I'd like my own flat. Not to own, just my own space. I don't even want to think of career stuff - scary...

    ReplyDelete