Wednesday, March 1

Science. And why you shouldn't try to get me into a conversation about it.

This is a conversation I had over MSN earlier.

Friend: "Look at this."
Miss Meep: "That is really nerdy. I don't understand it. It's all about numbers and space and makes my head go funny."
"They're gonna whack a ball off a space station and its gonna go round earth for years and years. the longest golf drive ever ever."
"Oh."

Pause while my head tries to adjust to all that science-type stuff...

"What if it falls out of the sky and hits someone on the bonce?"
"It'll burn up first. They're more worried about it hitting the space station."
"Why? Are they not a good shot?"
"It would be a 1/10000 chance of hitting but it could blow them up."
"Blimey."
"Sorry, that's 1/1000000000000000000000000000000000."
"Eurgh, stop. I feel sick."

A bit later...

"If I was in a black hole, I could touch my toes. Just think about that."
"No, I don't want to."
"Stephen Hawking said you get stretched infinity in a black hole, but now he says you don't. Well, you do, but to everyone else it looks like you don't."
"Aaaaaarrrrgggghhhhh, stop it. My head is going to explode. Maybe it'll go into a black hole."

So, to sum up.

I learnt: nothing.

I felt: sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment