Tuesday, May 2

For those of you who asked about The Mooncup...

(If you are a man that actually knows me, I apologise for this and feel free to never look me in the eye again).

I love it. It’s the best thing ever. I feel like I’ve got a new toy that I want to tell everyone about.

I was a bit disturbed when it arrived as it looked a bit... well... big. It also says that you should give it three months before you make your mind up about it, which implied it was going to take a bit of getting to grips with. I had visions of wrestling with it in the work toilet and it pinging over into the next cubicle and bouncing off the neighbouring urinater’s head.

But it was fine. It’s easy to use and clean. It’s comfortable – I really don’t know it’s there. There’s no nipping off to the toilet at work with your handbag in a ‘Look everyone, I’ve got my period’ stylee.

It doesn’t absorb, er, all the other, um, lady juices like tampons do. It seems cleaner and more natural. Not shoving a bit of bleached cotton up your chuff has got to be a good thing.

And best of all – no festering tampons sitting in landfills or floating in the sea. No cardboard boxes, plastic packets and applicators. Just a little rubber cup and a cute little bag to keep it in. And it lasts for 10 years.

According to someone on the testimonials on mooncup.co.uk, you can use your menstrual blood to help your plants grow – a kind of icky, eco-friendly version of Baby Bio. My tomatoes can’t wait.

Next stop, wee on my compost, grow my armpit hair and attend the goddess conference.

Ladies, you need to buy one.

6 comments:

  1. Right, that's it - I'm getting one. Purty pics by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah! A convert. I might e-mail them and see if I get commission
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'll give it a go anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im speechless to be honest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ordered one on the internet the other day.

    I can't wait.

    Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Remind me also to politely decline if you ever offer me anything tomato orientated xx

    ReplyDelete