Thursday, May 25

Janet and Luther were right

The best things in life are, indeed, free.

I’m listening to my favourite radio show – the fantastic Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 (sorry, news snobs). They’re talking about money and whether it equals happiness.

Pah, of course it doesn’t. I don’t have a lot of money. Ok, I’m not exactly on the poverty line, but Mr Meep and I aren’t high earners – nor do we have any aspirations to be.

So this programme’s got me thinking: what do I really need for happiness?

  • Mr Meep
  • The pets
  • Friends
  • Family
  • Cwtches
  • Health
  • Books
  • Nice food (and a kitchen to cook it in)
  • Walks
  • Nature
  • Music

    I don’t want a wide screen TV, a dish washer, a big house or a fancy car. I don’t need designer clothes, the latest gadgets or fancy holidays in far-off lands. I don’t feel the need to show friends and family I care with expensive presents or to brighten up my dark days with the latest lipstick shade.

    Today, the sun is shining. Mr Meep is picking me up from work to go to my favourite beach with our cute little doggie.

    Cost = nothing. Happiness = lots.

    Disclaimer: Although the above free things do make me happy, I would never say no to any of the following: a meal out at a nice restaurant, a bottle of sauvignon blanc, sparkly lip balm, cookery books, cute clothes.
  • 5 comments:

    1. I have just been thinking exactly the same thing.

      Except I'd like my own place. But not *all* that desperately.

      Life is good.

      ReplyDelete
    2. You are spot on there really. Health is definetly more important than money and Love definetly equals happiness. P.S I can help you with the cwtches thing if you want xxx

      ReplyDelete
    3. Pleas Meep Lady what are cwtches? Some deeply significant Welsh thingy?!
      Lovely post. Yr list sound like mine!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Please Meep Lady what are cwtches? Some deeply significant Welsh thingy?!
      Lovely post. Yr list sound like mine!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Cwtches are cuddles!

      ReplyDelete