Thursday, August 24

I'm in shock

I've just had a goodbye presentation/speech-type thing at work and I got absolutely loads of presents.

Time for a list...

  • Four bottles of real ale
  • A box of G&B chocs
  • Make-up bag from Accesorise
  • Two groovy bookmarks
  • A really posh pink pen
  • A carrot and walnut cake
  • Retro flask
  • Cupcake cookbook
  • A glittery corsage
  • Box of Neale’s Yard goodies
  • Cool wine bottle stopper

    All wrapped in pink sparkly paper in flowery, glittery bags.

    And they made me a poster of some cupcakes with my head on them, which I will attempt to scan in later.

    Aw, I feel all fuzzy.
  • 7 comments:

    1. Laura4:53 pm

      Awww, thats lovely. And they all sound like thoughtful things just for you too, rather than the usual Body Shop selection pack or Debenhams vouchers. I think they're gonna miss you alot.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I think it's safe to say they WILL miss you a lot. xxx

      ReplyDelete
    3. That is a lot of presents for a fairwell. Usually at our office, everyone just puts in a few dollars and someone buys ONE present only. There's always the obligatory joke of giving one of our products as a going away present before the real gift is shown.

      So are you going to start that charity job now?

      ReplyDelete
    4. James - thanks you for the cupcake book! It's fab - I promise I will make you some cakes from it very soon.

      Thanh7580 - yes, I'm working part-time at the chairty and part-time as a freelance writer.

      ReplyDelete
    5. That's because you have been given 'warm fuzzies'.
      Best wishes for the next job.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Thought I'd left a comment before ( one glass of wine and I'm hopeless).
      The 'warm fuzzies'.mmmmm great feeling.
      Good luck to you for the new job.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Awww, they're not so bad after all.

      (i got a rubbish present when I left my work)

      ReplyDelete