Thursday, September 28

A Veggie's favourite veggies

You might be wondering what my favourite vegetables are.

Well, wonder no more.

Here is a top 10, in no particular order.

  • Sweet potatoes
  • Spinach
  • Butternut squash
  • Tomatoes (Ok, technically a fruit, but you wouldn't eat it like an apple, would you?)
  • Avocado (Is that a fruit too? I love it mashed on toast with marmite)
  • Broccoli (Blod was going to be called broccoli if she was a boy-puppy)
  • Corn on the cob (but never from a can - bleurgh)
  • Onions (not that interesting on their own but couldn't cook without them)
  • Potatoes (so waffley versatile)
  • The humble pea

    So now you know.
  • 6 comments:

    1. Yes I would and do eat Toms like Apples, sometimes!
      Great list. As another vego, I would add Fennel and garlic and celery and I'll stop there.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I do rather like Corn On The Cob myself. Especially when we go to Nando's (sorry that's not exactly veggie is it?)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Tried your avocado and marmite on toast yesterday............am hooked. It was sublime! Thanks.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Celery and fennel? Bleurgh.

      I like everything else though.

      I'm not convinced by your avacado/marmite suggestion though, but try anything once, ed? I might have it for breakfast tomorrow.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Hurrah - a convert! Most people think it's a bit odd, but now I can say that it's not just me :-)

      ReplyDelete
    6. Avocado with a little balsamic vinegar - yum! Failing that, Worcester Sauce works just as well...

      I'm a fan of an aubergine, myself.

      ReplyDelete