Monday, October 9

Getting the creative juices flowing

Mr Meep and I decided that October should be the month of creativity - filled with lovely activities to brush away the blues creeping in over thoughts of the impending dark evenings and cold weather.

I'm late starting, but as my first activity, I've taken writing prompt number 99 from Creative Writing Prompts. Come up with ten images for this prompt: "My home makes me think of..."

OK, so my home makes me think of...

  • Cosy Sunday afternoons, the cat curled up on the pink velvet chair, the dog snoring away on the wooden floor. Us on the sofa with The Observer, a pot of Earl Grey and the obligatory tube of Jaffa Cakes.
  • Smells from the kitchen, of the things we eat the most: spicy sweet banana cake, slow-roasted tomatoes with garlic and basil, creamy coconut curries and wholesome, home-made, wholemeal bread.
  • Sitting around the wooden table with good friends, chilled fruity white wine, lots of laughter and a huge bowl of pasta in the middle to share.
  • Fairy lights in the fireplace and paintings on the walls. Music in the background. And books, lots of books.
  • Being relaxed, feeling secure and loved.
  • The day we got the keys and slept on a blow-up mattress on the dining room floor, after a feast of supermarket pizza and plastic tumblers of wine.
  • Getting into a bed with fresh sheets wearing clean pyjamas and falling into a long, deep, weekend sleep.
  • Living in a building site for six months, with no hot water, a broken oven, two garden chairs and a TV on a cardboard box.
  • My 30th birthday party in the garden, with most of my favourite people and lots of amazing food.
  • Colour... fuschia pink in the bathroom that's guaranteed to wake you up, mouth-watering raspberry on the dining room walls, fresh '50s cupcake colours in the kitchen. Actually, an awful lot of pink going on.
  • 2 comments:

    1. You are very sweet you know Miss Meep. The banana cake thing sounds nice x

      ReplyDelete
    2. earl Grey and McV's digestives for me.
      I like this image of your home. CosssssssY!

      ReplyDelete