Sunday, February 11

I've got a new addiction...

...Freecycle!

Had a major de-cluttering session yesterday, and sorted tons of stuff for E-Baying, car booting and storing in the attic. I had a few bits that I didn't know what to do with, so I thought I'd try them on Freecycle.

Wow, what an amazing response. My inbox is packed with requests to rehome my old junk and, best of all, people give you a little story about why they want the items.

Puppy training crate has gone to someone who finds foster homes for abandoned dogs. Turns out after a few e-mails that she's the lady that runs the puppy classes that I used to take Blod to. Small world.

My car bike rack was requested by a bloke whose girlfriend is sick of his mountain bike making the car filthy, a district murse who wanted to use it for getting from house-to-house and a lady with two little boys who are desperate to get out the city on the bikes they got for Christmas. Tough call. I had to go with the mum as she asked first. (Although I quite fancied the murse popping round for a cuppa, in case I had any childbirth-related emergencies in the coming months).

So in one day, I got to get rid of all my unwanted stuff and hear little snippets of people's lives. I feel good to give something to a good home, they got something for free and we're all one big happy community. Hurrah for Wombling!

5 comments:

  1. Yes, it's great, we have it here too. And doesn't a good de-clutter feel good ( says she who is looking at the kitchen table that I think is there under a pile of god knows what!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love a good Freecycle... I shall be doing the same very shortly... I have a whole shed full of 'stuff' that needs a home...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember you're a Womble
    (Remember you're a Womble)

    Remember you're a Womble
    (Remember you're a Womble)

    Remember you're a Womble
    (Remember you're a Womble)

    Remember you're a Womble
    (Remember you're a Womble)

    Remember, member, member, what a Womble, Womble, Womble you are

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.efreeko.co.uk/

    Like Ebay and Freecycle combined!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha - Afrobev made me chuckle. Must have taken ages for Mike Batt to write them lyrics :)

    ReplyDelete