Sunday, January 13

2008 is the Year of Craft

For the last few years, I've been really into craft. Well, I've been into admiring other people's craft on their blogs and saying 'That's nice, I could make one of those' whenever I see something overpriced but gorgeous in the shops. But this year, I'm going to stop talking and start crafting.

So tonight I did my first project - this knitted flower broach. I'm going to stick it on the boring old bag that I lug Gwen's nappies and emergency poo situation spare clothing in.



OK, so I won't be appearing on Whip Up any time soon. but it's a start. And as we're moving into our wreck of a new house in a few weeks' time, there's so much scope to fill it with crafty goodies like curtains and, um, sausage dog draft excluders. Mr Meep will be delighted.

1 comment:

  1. "sausage dog draft excluders"?

    I'm trying to picture what this is...and giggling at the ideas that keep popping into my head.

    I know what you mean about wanting to do crafty things...I have to keep narrowing things down and picking just one thing at a time, or I never get anything done. :)

    Congrats on the new home...must be exciteing to plan what goes where and all that.

    ReplyDelete