Thursday, July 30
Blod is Four
The hairy hound turned four yesterday. As a rainy day activity, Gwen and I made her a card, went to the pet shop to buy her a bone and concocted a doggie birthday cake, which is possibly the most disgusting thing ever invented - she went wagging mad for it.
Here's the recipe, in case any of your canine friends are having a birthday soon.
One tin of tuna, drained and smushed up with a fork
1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
Handful of breadcrumbs
1 egg, beaten
Some hot dog sausages, to decorate
1. Mix all the ingredients together well.
2. Form the resulting congealed horror into a cake shape.
3. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
4. Allow to cool, then decorate it with the relevant number, made out of hot dog sausages.
5. Add some candles, sing 'Woofy Birthday', then present it to your furry friend.