Tuesday, September 29
Go On, Wear Your Baby
Self-portrait of me wearing Molly in the fisheye mirror.
Been on holiday in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, so missed International Babywearing Week. Although, of course, spent most of the week wearing my baby.
Here's why babywearing rocks.
1. Because cwtching is what babies were invented for.
2. Your baby gets to see what really goes on in the world. Molly thinks that life is just one long round of baking, sitting around drinking tea, pegging out washing and going to the park. Oh, it is.
3. You can snuzzle your little wuzzle all day long, but still have your hands free for important stuff like making cakes and pushing swings and throwing balls for your dog.
4. People always, always talk to you when you have a baby in a sling - "Oo, is there a baby in there?", "Ooo, that looks cosy", "My daughter/wife/friend is pregnant - I must get her one of those".
5. Your baby gets more kisses on the bonce than the average baby.
So for happy, cwtchy babies and hands-free mamas, check out this cheesy promo vid and get yourself a sling.
But, be warned, slings are addictive. At the last count, I had just one baby but - gulp - five slings.