Sunday, February 28

8 months



Dear Molly,
You so want to crawl. As soon as I sit you on the floor, in the blink of an eye, you're on your belly, commando crawling your way towards some unsuitable object in the distance. In the last few days, you've even mastered getting up onto all fours and rocking back and forth, as if you're gaining momentum ready for take off. Any day now you'll be off and able to explore all those things you've been wondering about for the last 8 months. Meanwhile, you're fascinated with bits of fluff that you find on the floor, and especially enjoy pulling clumps out of Gwen's fluffy bedroom rug and trying to eat them.

I left weaning until fairly late, but once you'd got hold of some food, you just couldn't get enough. As soon as you sit in your high chair and see food coming your way, you cry until it's actually in your mouth. Tea today, for example, was a whole banana, a whole blood orange (you are all about the oranges), plus cheese on toast - that's a lot of food for a very small stomach.

As well as oranges, you love potatoes, going on the swings in the park, Blod, dancing around the kitchen, the This Little Baby book, baths and boxes.



We've noticed you've got this whole communicating through the medium of arm wiggling thing going on at the moment. You cautiously move your arms and wiggle your fingers in an "Hmm, that looks quite interesting" kind of way, progressing to more of a flapping motion when something's definitely taken your fancy, then a full-on 'wave your hands in da air' kind of movement sometimes accompanied by a shriek for real excitement (like oranges).

After only a few hours apart in the last 8 months, I have to go back to work in 3 weeks. I'm going to be out of the house for three days a week - I'm sorry. I would so love to stay at home squeezing your thighs and giving you a big hard kisses on the fat cheeks every day, but I'm sure your Daddy and Nana and Bampa will do that too. I'll miss you so much, my gorgeous Turtle.



Every day, I say to your Daddy, "She's a delight". And you delight me every single day, my happy, chilled-out, beautiful baby girl.

Love, Mama
x

No comments:

Post a Comment