Thursday, July 1

Date night




Last night, the little croutons stayed with Nanna and Bampa, so Mr Meep and I had a rare date night.

On my way home from work, I stocked up on lovely M&S picnic goodies, like melt-in-the-mouth marinated artichokes and stuffed (di)vine leaves and olives and all kinds of yummies. I got home, we stuck it all in a rucksack, filled our little Kleen Kanteens with sauv blanc (me) and wheat beer (him), and trekked 45 minutes from our house up to the top of the Garth mountain in the sunshine.

On the way up we picked wild strawberries from the hedgerows, trod in a cowpat (me) and said hello to lots of sheep.

We picnic-ed at the top while looking across Cardiff and over the Bristol Channel. As we were finishing our picnic, we watched fireworks going off in Cardiff Bay.

It was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment