Monday, September 6

All happiness and sparkliness and loveliness


AKA The post with way too many exclamation marks

I got the job - wee-hee! I am the part-time in-house journalist/copywriter at a drama school/arts venue. I have wanted to work in the arts for a yonk and it's sooo hard to get in, but now - I'm in. We will be penniless but happy.

Gwen is officially being unschooled until further notice. Yay! I may start her in reception class next autumn, she may go to Steiner for a few mornings after Christmas, I might just keep her home until she's five, six, seven... who knows?

I got 75% for my photography module - an A! Whoop, whoop!

I had a lovely birthday with loads of fab cards and pressies - a Pip cup and saucer, lots of Teapigs, books and chocolate, and a fab Crumpler camera bag and a flash. I'm a lucky lady.

I've also had an amazing holiday in Yorkshire with glorious sunshine and a couple of meet-ups with the very lovely and mumpety family Atom.

On the flip side, I weighed myself and since the small ginger shouty one has gone off the mama milk, I have piled on the pounds. Am I the only woman in history to gain the baby weight when the baby's turned one? Note to self: When the baby starts eating food, you need to stop scoffing cakes (well, some of them anyway).

2 comments:

  1. What a great post to read :) Congratulations on the lovely job - freelance copywriting is a great job for me but I have no time to fit much in! I hope you love your new post. Teapigs...stop putting links in that make me spend money! And yes to identifying with reduced breastfeeding with increased cakeage...doesn't equate: have had to start pounding the pavements again :( So yay for you and have a nice cup of tea and cake to celebrate! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the job!! It all sounds lovely! We live by the 'better happy than rich' philosophy. We haven't starved yet--though that might not be such a bad idea for me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete