Sunday, October 3

35 things

Over a month since my birthday, but I've been mulling this list over while I've been going for a run. So here's what the next year might bring...

1. Go camping with the girls DONE - AMAZING! MORE OF THIS NEXT YEAR.
2. Complete the Cardiff half marathon DONE!
3. Enter a 10km race and run the whole thing
4. Live and run the household on less than £1800 per month NOT POSSIBLE, BUT DID IT ON £2K
5. Make some cushions for my lounge and bedroom DONE - WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY NAN.
6. List all the books I read this year DONE!
7. Plant a sunflower playhouse in the garden DONE - BUT IN THE WRONG SPOT. WILL DO ANOTHER ONE NEXT YEAR.
8. Learn to make prints in the darkroom DONE - MAGICAL!
9. Throw a party, just because DONE - THE EASTER SATURDAY AFTERNOON TEA PARTY WAS RATHER MARVELLOUS.
10. Go to London on a gallery trip DONE - SQUEEZED IN PORTRAIT GALLERY AND THE V&A ON A WORK TRIP.
11. Make toffee apples for Halloween DONE!
12. Declutter my house, one room at a time WORK IN PROGRESS. ADD TO NEXT YEAR'S LIST
13. Then go to a car boot sale and flog it all
14. Grow strawberries and raspberries STRAWBS YES, BUT NOT V SUCCESSFULLY. TRY AGAIN THIS YEAR.
15. Try to walk, swim, run or cycle every day DONE - GOT INTO A HABIT AND IT'S PART OF MY DAY, EVEN IF ONLY A STROLL WITH BLOD.
16. Paint a picture for Gwen's room
17. Pimp the horrible IKEA wardrobe on our landing
18. Make elderflower champagne/cordial
19. Try to buy everything secondhand DONE - LOVE EBAY!
20. Have afternoon tea DONE!
21. Go to the theatre more DONE - FAVS WERE CIRKUS CIRKOR AND AVENUE Q.
22. Write more poetry DONE! 'THE TIDY UP SONG' (WITH MUSIC BY DAVE) IS A FAMILY CLASSIC.
23. Take more photos DONE!
24. Lose the baby belly ERM...
25. Have a night away somewhere with Mr Meep
26. Toast marshmallows on a bonfire - CHEATED AND DID IT INDOORS ON OUR LOUNGE FIRE ON THE WINTER SOLSTICE.
27. Make more interesting breads DONE - YAY FOR THE BREAD MACHINE.
28. Find the perfect winter coat NO BUT FOUND A WHITE FLUFFY ONE THAT I LOVE.
29. Have a monthly date night DONE!
30. Eat at Jamie's Italian - DONE! ABOUT FOUR TIMES.
31. Buy new underwear - DONE!
32. Photograph a pregnant woman
33. Climb the Garth alone once a month
34. Invest in some decent waterproofs COAT DONE, BUT STILL NEED TROUSERS.
35. Write letters

4 comments:

  1. Can I do the afternoon tea and gallery trip to London with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course - don't you want to come waterproof shopping and to the carboot sale with me too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I did my 51 things it clarified a few issues for me. Lists are good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I love this list! Lots of things I want to do too... perhaps not the running though, I'm just not built for running. Right - off to make a list of my own :-)

    ReplyDelete