Monday, January 31

Performance Art in the Shepherd Household

Gwen locked herself in her bedroom earlier while I was reading Molly her bedtime stories. She was gone for a long time and was awfully quiet. I was given strict instructions not to come in because "I am making a kind of stage performance."

She shouted through the door a little later and announced that the stage performance was ready. I opened the door to find this intricate display of lined-up dolls, teddies and cushions, The Snail in the middle of it all brushing her hair (she has recently discovered conditioner).



I wonder why she lay Fireman Sam horizontally?

In other snail-related news...

She found a book in her cousin's house called 'God Made Me'. She asked me what the book was called, I told her. She declared: "Who's God? Dog Made ME." Spot the heathen child.

She has also made up her first joke.

What do you call a man with a bag on his head?
Mango.

There's definitely some sort of surrealist streak to the Gwenster.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:52 pm

    hee hee! We get jokes like that from Edie! Knock Knock. Who's there? Banana. Banana who? Banana nose. Or Why did the chicken cross the road? To eat a frube. She also hates me telling the 'what's brown and sticky' joke. Apparently not funny at all as "sticks are not sticky mummy unless a dog has wee'd on it." xx

    ReplyDelete