Wednesday, October 19

List 6/52 One hundred things that make me happy

getting into clean bed sheets - getting into clean bed sheets with just-shaven moisturised legs - soy hazelnut lattes - being by the sea - Laura Marling - walking in the rain - Maggie O'Farrell novels - The Guardian on Saturday - ladybirds - painted toenails - photography furry coats - home-made bread - Earl Grey tea - carrot cake - cwtches - hats with ears - libraries - all kinds of veggie curries - Waterloo Teahouse - going to the cinema - Thai curry - wearing wellies and walking up streams - my nan's home-made crinkle cut chips - my lovely friends - Michael Rosen - making soup - birth stories - bubble baths - being in a forest - avocados - veggie sushi - drinking chai on the beach in winter - little girls in stripey tights - home-made granola - reading blogs - The Idle Parent - Blod's biscuity smell when she's all warm and sleepy - my husband - my girls - independent shops - my mam's roast potatoes - wearing red - Innocent smoothies - Flickr - climbing mountains - squidgy baby thighs - corsages - floppy-haired little boys - being frugal - the smell of vanilla - being barefoot in the grass - one morning coffee from my cafetiere - train journeys - singing - vintage coffee pots - Spring - smelly things from Lush - Wales - early nights - baking - big, open spaces - breastfeeding mamas - back tickles - live music - fairy lights - Welsh wool blankets - bonfires - 6 Music - Nakd bars - writing lists - sunshine - Neal's Yard lotions and potions - watching sand run between my fingers - dancing in the kitchen - fresh air - cats with really big tails - the Fraggle Rock theme tune - digging earth with my fingers - home made everything - pizza night - mittens - swimming in the sea - babies in slings - people watching - Adam and Joe - donkeys - the word 'wonkey' - going to the theatre - that squeaky noise that guinea pigs make - old ladies with long hair - the Welsh word for microwave (popty ping) - and the Welsh word for ironing (smwddio) - Rolf Harris - flared jeans - really bitter dark chocolate - sleeping - people with passions - Spotify - notebooks - cute hair clips

I have actually done this list once before - I wonder how many things are the same?

4 comments:

  1. Ah, that's better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popty ping and smwddio may be the best words in any language.

    I'm a long-term reader of your blog who has just moved to Cardiff with my husband and little boy: I can't wait to explore all the lovely things you've blogged about in the area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lorna - I love it when people de-lurk! If you're new to the area, feel free to email me if you want any info on kids stuff in and around Cardiff :-)
    emmashep@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I will do, if you don't mind, just as soon as I've got a good pile of questions (which shouldn't take long!)...

    ReplyDelete