Wednesday, January 25

List 9/52 Foods I'll never get sick of


Avocados - I used to eat one every day and my skin was a-mazing. Best served smushed on toast with marmite. Also makes a great facemask, apparently.

Houmous - king of dips, but best in a jacket spud with grated carrot and lots of chopped tomato. My favourite home alone tea. Babies love it too, but it's a bugger to get out of those fat creases in their necks.

Spinach - because it is full of green goodness and makes you all bouncy and strong. If you are making Indian food, it is illegal not to include it.

Thai curry - I like my Thai curry like I like my men: green, creamy and exotic with a load of coriander piled on top. Bizarrely, I much prefer my own unauthentic Thai curry made with ready-made paste than anything from a Thai restaurant. Does that make me a bad person?

Home-made pizza - preferably made by the Mister. With tons of any type of veggie (not green pepper - what kind of sicko do you think I am?). And a salad on the side. Add a DVD, a bottle of Leffe and it's the perfect Saturday night in.

Carrot cake - no two taste the same. Always great with a cup of Earl Grey. And has veg in, so you can enjoy it guilt-free. Must always, always have cream cheese icing and preferably a baby carrot made out of marzipan on the top. That makes me really happy. The best one is from here, eaten in the sunshine with the chickens running around next to you.

Dark Choc Hob Nobs - a bit like Voldemort, these are the 'biscuits that shall not be named', such is the strength of their dark powers. I only buy them about once a year or things start to get messy. I'm talking whole packets dunked into just one cup of tea and vanishing. Just like that.

Chips - despite professing my love of home-cooked veggie goodness, I adore chips. Home-made or chip shop or even (you might want to sit down for this one) the oven variety - I love them all. The rules are that they must have lots of vinegar and an enormo dollop of ketchup (running out halfway through is a tragedy). The best chips are always from a chip shop, eaten outside after a long walk on the beach.

1 comment:

  1. Avocado- check.
    Houmous- check.
    Chips- hell yes.

    In fact, can't argue with any of them. Except maybe the Hob Nobs. I'm not a big biscuit eater.

    ReplyDelete