Some facts about you at three years old.
- You are obsessed with wearing pink but, much to my delight, have recently added yellow to your repertoire
- You have an imaginary friend called Bumbler (but he's gone a bit quiet of late)
- You've started to do some really cool drawings - most of them are monsters and spiders at the moment
- You always like a mini vegetable samosa or five to eat while we're doing the supermarket shopping
- You are so full of energy that if you haven't been outside for a least a few hours each day, you start running lengths of the kitchen and dining room
- You say very funny things, like "I can't finish my dinner because my fork's run out of petrol", "What are these pants doing in my bed? I thought it was a pine cone", "My poo doesn't want to come out yet, it's having its breakfast"
- You like sucking ice cubes (but you call them icebergs)
- You absolutely love books, and sometimes I sneak a look at you while I'm reading to see the delight on your face
- You've suddenly become really sociable, bending strangers' ears about all sorts of things and stalking older children in the park
- You tell amazing made-up jokes, involving elephants, made-up words and poo (Sample: Why did the elephant go to the dubon? Cos he wanted a poo!)
- You are fearless and physical, and like throwing yourself off things quite a lot
- You absolutely love the beach, and ask to go whenever the sun comes out
- You refuse to wear trousers
- You love dressing up - your favourite costumes are a blue princess number and a Rapunzel dress
- You have the most beautiful hair that I have ever seen
- You like babies, Cloudbabies, watercolour paints, cheap character nighties, tickles, making mud pies and eating filled pasta
- You don't like having your hair tied back, wearing shoes and socks, sleeping and going out in the rain
- Your third birthday party ended with you running naked around the garden, sticking sprigs of rosemary in your bits and shouting "I've got a willy!"
- You are so happy and sunshiny, funny and full of beans, and I love our days hanging about together. Can you stay three forever please?