Sunday, September 23

32 Weeks


The bad bits
The SPD is, quite literally, crippling. I can only hobble about v-e-r-y slowly, and have borrowed a walking stick and grabber off my 89-year-old Nan. Some days it's OK, others it's absolute agony, with me literally crawling to the bathroom across the landing in tears. I miss long walks with the dog. I miss being able to turn over in bed. I miss being able to run around with the girls.

The good bits
  • I can feel arms and hands and elbows and knees poking out. Sometimes, if I put my hand firmly on the belly, I feel a hand rubbing against my hand as if boy baby is sussing me out. It's the best feeling in the world.
  • I've got that lovely pregnancy glowy skin and shiny hair. Or so my lovely girl friends were gushing when they came over on Friday night (maybe they were just being kind).
  • I weighed myself this morning and I've only put on 12 lbs (yay!).
  • Despite my one-large-bottle-a-week Gaviscon habit in previous pregnancies, this time I'm fairly heartburn free. 
  •  I've started listening to my Natal Hypnotherapy CD and I'm really excited about the birth. After two such amazing ones, I was feeling twitchy about this one, but a few sessions of visualisation and re-reading of Spiritual Midwifery and I'm feeling all kind of 'I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR!'. Bring it on, cervix!

My plan for the next few weeks involves lots of looking after myself and boy baby, with swimming and zillions of veggies and lots of relaxation. And sorting out the mountains of baby clothes that lovely friends have passed on to us. Oh, and getting builders in then completely redecorating the dining room and lounge (nesting, anyone?).


4 comments:

  1. Ohhhh.....bump envy!!!!! Not long to go now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I'm sure the weeks will fly by - eek!

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog today and I love it. Can't wait to read more. Good luck with your baby boy and last weeks.... hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a lovely comment x

      Delete