Wednesday, November 14

Revamped

There's nothing like spending your maternity leave sitting around in coffee shops sipping lattes and daydreaming about names for you new arrival... which is the complete opposite of what I've been up to. In some kind of extreme nesting frenzy, we have completely revamped the downstairs of the house.

In the lounge, we've repainted, laid a new floor and - the best bit of all - we've had a wood burner installed. It's amazing. The best money we have ever spent and perfect for cosying up for the winter with our new arrival.


The fire place from the lounge is in the dining room, it's all been painted antique white (a huge difference as it's quite a dark room on a gloomy day). I picked up a dresser for £40 in a charity shop and revamped it, and I sprayed and re-covered the dining room chairs.


I've also decluttered the entire house - so satisfying, but bloomin' hard work and makes me never want any more 'stuff' to enter the house (especially those small bits of plastic tat you get on the front of CBeebies magazine).

So now, baby boy, we are all ready for you. Just let mama have a few days rest before you come though, please.

8 comments:

  1. It looks absolutely gorgeous Em! You disgust me with your energy and determination. See you soon (hopefully with a breast pump... sure it must be in the attic...)X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha - thanks! I have officially run out of energy now though. Have spent most of today sitting down and eating M&S apricot Swiss roll x

      Delete
  2. That's all just so lovely - well done! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - a bit stressful but so worth it!

      Delete
  3. That's awesome! Excellent work; now you've just got the easy part to do :-/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh - what a beautiful home you have! I too installed a log burner (last year) - best decision I have ever made! Congrats on your new arrival too1 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Lou - so nice that you visited my blog. I've been reading your lovely blog for ages!

      Delete